Friday, October 10, 2008

19-Year-Old Girl Kills Mother, Stabs 50 Times with a Knife

Rachel Mullenix of Huntington Beach is a 19-year-old girl. She was convicted on Friday for gruesomely stabbing her mother to death and dumping her body in the ocean. She was sentenced to 25 years for life in prison.
Photo of Rachel Mullenix
Barbara Mullenix, her mother, whose body was pulled from Newport with a butter knife protruding from an eye in September 2006 had been stabbed 50 times by her.

During the hearing she told the judge that she made some "bad choices" but did not kill her mother.

"My mom was my world. She was my life," Rachel Mullenix told the judge in Orange County Superior Court. "And somebody saying that I would stab her really affects me because I didn't.

"I'm not saying I'm completely innocent. But planning and killing my mom I did not do, and I will never, ever take responsibility for it."

Her lawyer, David Cohn, said he will appeal his client's July 17 conviction. He said she should be eligible for parole when she is about 40 years old.

Her ex-boyfriend, 23-year-old Ian Allen, was also convicted of first-degree murder in a separate trial. His sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 14.

Source: Sfgate.com

No comments: